Welcome Bai!

The Leading Search Marketing Forum in Cebu.

Get updates and information about Search Engine Optimization and Online Marketing. Once registered, you will be able to create discussions, post replies, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger. Best of all, you will get acquainted with fellow Cebu SEO Practitioners and Online Marketers like you. This is an avenue of fun SEO -- Join us now!

+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: What is the best Internet Connection Here in Cebu City?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      karem is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the best Internet Connection Here in Cebu City?

Mga Bro,

Currently, we are using Globe P995 plan and planning to change our internet connection due to a lot of bad experiences and headaches with Globe.

Naa me sa Labangon and I'm thinking kung kusog ba kaha Smart bro canopy dri.

Can you share some of your experiences (bad/good) with your current ISP?

Thanks!

Re: What is the best Internet Connection Here in Cebu City?

Depends. Check first if you have a direct line of sight from the smart bro tower. The shorter the distance between your place and the tower the better the signal will be. If you decide on smart bro, make sure when they mount your dish/receiver, it has to really stable and free from any movements. So ask them to mount in on a really strong and stable platform, preferably with a direct line of sight from the tower.
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Instant Approval and dofollow backlinks
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Instant Approval and dofollow backlinks
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Wholesale Social Media and Targetted Traffic Services

karem is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that valuable tips bro, really appreciate it.

How about PLDT dsl, anyone here have experienced this connection? I've read mixed (bad/good) reviews for this but I'm considering it as my my first option.

It would be nice kung naa pud maka share about dsl.

Thanks!

jheyslow has a brilliant future jheyslow's Avatar

Akong gigamit ron bay kay smart bro canopy og sun prepaid nga usb stick. Ok ra kaau ang speed sa smart bro pero static lang. Ok ra sad ang sun kay dali ra kaau ka maka changed og ip.

You're welcome.

Smart bro and the telcos (pldt, globe et) only provides Cat5 unshielded twisted cable for the installation. This is the most unreliable network cable and is easily damaged when exposed oudoors. This is usually the leading cause of poor signal.

So if you are really particular on signal strength I suggest, for outdoor cabling (ex: canopy to router, junction box to modem etc.) use Cat5 shielded twisted pair cable. Keep it as short and as straight as possible so as to have the signal travel the shortest possible distance.

You can easily get this in computer shops but a bit pricey. However, it's well worth it for the price tag.
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Wholesale Social Media and Targetted Traffic Services

Admin Rookie has a brilliant future Rookie's Avatar

Yes sakto c Mr Archangel, ang smart bro depende jd sa location.

PLDT DSL ko for 1 year and 10 months, at first ok ra ang connection pru after 1 year ng upgrade ko to 1Mbps pru nihinay man nuon mao ako nlang gipaputol. Naa sad ko kaila na mas hinay na ron daw ang iya PLDT compare sa globe niya na connection.

Smart bro canopy na ron ako gamit, kusog gihapon siya bsag 7 PC na ang ng connect.
      Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Shot pa pre!

Admin Sensei has a brilliant future Sensei's Avatar

I am currently subscribed with 3mbps PLDT, tunga mi sa akong silingan ug bayad nga SEO pud but he pays the landline.

No major problem so far, maski kusog ulan paspas japun, near highway mandaue area here.
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <----- SAMPLE SIGGY
      [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <------- How reputation works?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information